Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [25M] just discovered a hidden talent of my wife's [24F] and I feel bad I never knew

Hi, throwaway cause I'm feeling like a crappy partner right now.

My wife "Jan" and I have been married for 3 years, dated for 2 years previous to that. Met in college, had lost touch through a few semesters, connected again, and it went from there. We've always had a really stable marriage. Luckily, our livelihoods were not affected amidst the global pandemic, our jobs were easily transition-able to home and we've always been happy. I can easily say she is my best friend.

Now, onto the problem... some context:

My wife was a big-time theatre kid and I know this. She preformed in a local theatre house in her hometown for nearly 12 years, even helped teach classes in high school. But she had told me it had always been regular theatre, not musicals. I, unfortunately, came into her life after she decided to leave the stage. She preformed from age 6 all the way to 18 and only left so she could move away for college. However, today, she has told me she really has no interest in getting involved in live theatre again.

So, we have a small friend group, with Jan and I, it's six people total. We've all been quarantined at home and following the rules, so we decided to get edgy this weekend and meet at someone's house for a couple drinks, shoot the shit, y'know like old times two months before. We all obviously needed the happy hour because we all got intoxicated rather quickly and next thing I know, the friend group is egging on karaoke. My wife said no at first, but after two more drinks, she agreed. I refused to sing. I've never sung before in my life and have zero skill in that department, but the rest of the group is pretty decent. My wife eventually got up to sing karaoke and I nearly hit the floor. She had the most angelic voice. She could easily jump between notes, belt, what have you. It was absolutely stunning. It was like hearing a damn professional. Obviously, everyone in the friend group was pretty much "Oh. My. God." when she was singing because none of us had any idea of her caliber! Turns out, she had been in musicals here and there and had professional theatrical voice lessons from age six to age twelve, courtesy of her local theatre house. She had played as Orphan Annie, Gertrude McFuzz, Cathy Hiatt, Princess Fiona etc etc.

I've known her for over 5 years and I *never* knew she could sing like this. She never brought it up. When she talked about being a theatre kid, she had never disclosed just how many shows she had been in. She's always been a modest and humble creature, but her talent is so immense in singing, I cannot believe she wouldn't share this! Guys, I feel like a horrible partner. She knows all my favorite hobbies, down to my dirty secret of writing fanfiction for an obscure fandom. I feel like I haven't given her enough support for her to feel comfortable telling me about this hidden talent. I've always had an open mind, I would never judge her for anything. I mean, she has 850 hours in Animal Crossing and that's fine!! Why would she hide something so amazing from everybody!?

**tl;dr: Wife is an amazing vocalist, a skill developed from her childhood, but she never told anybody about her talent! Now I'm worried I haven't been a good enough partner to allow her to entrust me with this!**



Submitted May 31, 2020 at 03:52PM by throaway99191919 https://ift.tt/2Xl6TRy
I [25M] just discovered a hidden talent of my wife's [24F] and I feel bad I never knew I [25M] just discovered a hidden talent of my wife's [24F] and I feel bad I never knew Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.