Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [26F] boyfriend’s [27M] twin brother hates me and is ruining my relationship. I don’t know what to do!

Reaching out to reddit (throwaway since my boyfriend knows my reddit account) as I’m at a loss of what to do...

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. He and his twin are very close with the same group of friends. At first I thought it’d take time for his twin and I to warm up, (I try to chat to him but he seems to avoid me) but progressively over time it’s gotten to a stage where it’s awkward.

A month ago I found out he’s been badmouthing me all this time to their friends. My boyfriend found out and told me but refused to get involved and said it was my and his twins problem to deal with. When I try speaking to his twin, he becomes defensive and aggressive, and refuses to talk to me. It’s getting to a point where it’s impacting my relationship with my boyfriend and I’m no longer invited to their group events. I’m at a loss at what to do... I deeply care about my boyfriend but I feel like he’s not supporting me enough. I need help as I’m struggling to figure out how we can move past this.

EDIT: Just adding that I get along really well with the rest of his family and his other friends. It’s gotten to a point where his parents have had a talk with him, but it’s only made things worse.

UPDATE: After the advice in this post, I spoke to my boyfriend and he said he’s tried talking to his twin before about it but his twin shuts down and refuses to discuss it. He doesn’t know what more he can do and says to give things time. I don’t think time will improve things but I also don’t know what more I can ask from my boyfriend.

TLDR; my boyfriend’s twin strongly dislikes me (to a point where he’s badmouthing me to their friends) and it’s putting a strain on my relationship. I’m not sure what to do to move past this



Submitted May 30, 2020 at 01:41PM by throwawayaccount_235 https://ift.tt/2ZPxUOA
My [26F] boyfriend’s [27M] twin brother hates me and is ruining my relationship. I don’t know what to do! My [26F] boyfriend’s [27M] twin brother hates me and is ruining my relationship. I don’t know what to do! Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.