Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (15F) badly hurt my mom (45F) and don't know how to show how sorry I am

throwaway because my friends know my main account

basically I (15F) ignored a bunch of work assignments for school and the school found out and contacted my mom (45F) through a relative. Obviously my mom was disappointed in me and had rightfully had enough as I've avoided work before. The argument escalated and my mom started yelling and I didn't say anything due to being choked up and not really having an answer.

She got in my way as I was carrying out books in my arms and I tried to push past her which was the wrong thing to do, this broke her and she slapped me twice in the face, I kind of acted out of instinct and I accidentally backhanded her in the mouth giving her a fairly big bruise and hurting her teeth. after this she got hysterical, said I was out of control and locked herself in her room to call my dad home. I was shocked and ashamed with myself and tried to apologise during and after this.

Once my dad got home I was punished and expected to catch up on my work which I'm doing as of now. At the time I told them I was too emotional to really give them clear answers and we left it at that with the intention of talking about it later. Later that night my parents said they don't want to bring it up ever again and just told me to apologise to my mom which I had done and did again. Today my mom seemed fine until this evening when she got upset with me about me not asking how her face was after I hit her and said I lack empathy and don't even seem to show much remorse except for being punished.

I don't know if it's because of the events of yesterday but I feel essentially nothing except for frustration at seemingly not being able to do anything right in her eyes even though I spent the day working or helping her. I don't really feel remorse or anything at the moment except tiredness, I know what I did was deeply wrong though as I embarrassed the family and myself but don't really know how to set things straight in terms of figuring out how to show regret over what I did in a non selfish way and truly apologising and trying to make things right. Any advice is appreciated and I hope you can help me figure this out :/

TL;DR: I got into a fight with my mom and accidentally hurt her, She thinks I lack empathy and don't show true remorse over the situation and I want to show her how I'm truly sorry and want to set things right but I'm struggling with how to show her.



Submitted April 30, 2020 at 02:53PM by whyaminotsorry https://ift.tt/2KRN8tu
I (15F) badly hurt my mom (45F) and don't know how to show how sorry I am I (15F) badly hurt my mom (45F) and don't know how to show how sorry I am Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.