I (18F) have no idea how to even begin. My dad was an A-hole so this isnt a wildly surprising series of events but my sister (21F) has been emotionally abusing (and probably verbally as well) her fiancee (21M).
Besides generally being hypercritical and controlling, she has apparently been keeping him from seeing his friends- but she hasnt just been asking him to stay home. She says it's okay, he goes out for the night to a friends place, and she will spam him with texts and calls infuriated and hysterical. At one point, she went so far as to cut the words "come home" onto herself after explicitly stating that day it was fine for him to go and that she wouldnt be upset this time around.
Moving on to my real question, how do I tell my mom (49F) about all of this?? My sister really respects her and while she is generally very intelligent and fair she can be neglectful and has enabled my sisters abuse in the past. On top of that, this is so sad. I barely found out after he spilled his guts to my roommate (also 18F), a stranger to him, and I'm still heartbroken to hear it- I dont know how to tell my mom in the least hurtful way, especially since shes coming down at the end of this month,,, because they're planning on getting legally married :/ Big yike.
TLDR: my sister is emotionally/verbally abusing her boyfriend and I'm the only one who knows. How do I tell my mom before they get married?
Submitted May 01, 2020 at 06:42PM by Eleannev https://ift.tt/35nwxHC


No comments:
Post a Comment