Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (21M) housemate (21M) has been having binge eating episodes

I'm a uni student and I live with 4 other people my age. The housemate in question has had a history with mental health problems. I wasn't living with him at the time, but im aware that last year he had to take time off from Uni because of stress that was leading him down a very dark path. From talking to him about his day and noticing food packets hidden in the trash I've realised a sort of cycle where something bad will happen (He'll fail a run or an assignment), then he'll feel down (he'll mope around all day) and will binge.

I just caught him with 3 pizzas at 1am and I wasn't really sure how to react. I didn't want to confront him for having an episode so I just said 'oh haha its cool we all get cravings' and then took a slice. He replied that he was mad at himself for ordering it and then asked me not to tell the others which to me seem like big red flags.

Recently he is looking quite skinny but I dont think hes bulimic, just that he starves himself a little and runs a lot. Im probably going to tell the rest of the house what I've noticed, but Im just not really sure if theres anything we can do to help him, mental health is such a tricky thing, Im worried if we confront him he'll feel worthless but I can't just sit by anymore while my friend struggles with self hate and punishment.

TLDR: Housemate is binge eating and hating himself after doing it. Not sure what to do or how to handle it without making him feel worse about himself. Any advice from people who have had eating disorders would be helpful



Submitted February 25, 2019 at 06:21PM by AllMightBo https://ift.tt/2GJaXnv
My (21M) housemate (21M) has been having binge eating episodes My (21M) housemate (21M) has been having binge eating episodes Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 26, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.