Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Friend [20F] gets upset and makes snide remarks every time I [22F] put on makeup or do my hair

Sometimes I’ll be putting on makeup and one of my friends will say something like, “Are you seriously putting on makeup?” With an eyeroll.

First of all, my makeup is so light and natural that people often comment it doesn’t look like I’m wearing makeup. It’s not in any way sexy or trashy or attention getting. I don’t even use any eye makeup, and I wear beige lipgloss. But you know what? That shouldn’t matter. If I wanted to put on drag-queen heavy makeup that’s my decision and should be respected.

I also spend 15 minutes a day curling my hair, and she makes catty remarks insinuating that I spent too much time on my hair, even though it doesn’t really affect her life in any way.

Also, I don’t wear anything revealing at all, I do wear lots of pastels and she has made some rude comments about me having too much pink in my wardrobe. If I wear even two inch bland beige heels, I’ll get more comments about how I’m impractical and frivolous and how these shoes are “innappropriate”

I just feel like any time I take care of my appearance she views that as a betrayal or a declaration of war or something. Why can’t some people just mind their own business? How do I get this bitch to lay off me? I don’t want to be friends with her but she’s in my social circle so I have to make do. Is there anything I can do to get her to leave me alone, short of dressing up in a garbage bag and smearing feces on my face so she isn’t the least bit threatened?

tl;dr : friend makes snide comments whenever I make any effort to take care of my appearance, how do I get her to stop?



Submitted February 24, 2019 at 02:01PM by a_lady_tonight https://ift.tt/2GHXP22
Friend [20F] gets upset and makes snide remarks every time I [22F] put on makeup or do my hair Friend [20F] gets upset and makes snide remarks every time I [22F] put on makeup or do my hair Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 25, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.