Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [27M] partner [31F] of 3 years has never and will not give me any alone time.

Tl;dr: I think it would be healthy for our relationship if my girlfriend had a single hobby or friend outside of our relationship. She will not and I am going nuts.

I've been dating my partner for 3 years, living together for 2. I care about her but we simply don't share any interests. I attend college full time, work part time and maintain a fairly outrageous addiction to board games which I never get to enjoy, she hates them.

I get zero alone time, and honestly I don't need much. An hour or two once a week would be game changing for me. She only works part time so I never have a moment of alone time. I can't remember the last time I had a long hot shower without her opening the door 4 or 5 times, letting all the cold air in. I'll ask her to stay in or out, she just won't let me do a single thing my way.

Her friends disowned her when we moved in together (we both used to be involved with the church) and she never bothered making new friends after. She has no hobbies and only works part time. I've tried to push her to do anything she would enjoy or to make a single girlfriend.

She's always upset with me as I don't want to do the things she wants to do. Yoga, candle making, hikes, painting, typical Starbucks gold card holder things. I do things with her regularly that I'm not interested in but I'm going nuts. I just want her to do one thing on her own. Have a single hobby. I've been bringing it up for about a year now that I want her to not fully rely on me to keep her entertained but she just will not.

I'm getting to the point where I want to break up. What can I say to make it absolutely clear that this is really bothering me? Also, am I being an ass?



Submitted January 01, 2019 at 10:48AM by _yumyumtoast http://bit.ly/2s3mYuL
My [27M] partner [31F] of 3 years has never and will not give me any alone time. My [27M] partner [31F] of 3 years has never and will not give me any alone time. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.