Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [25M] girlfriend [25F] just got fired for the second time. I'm getting worried about our future.

Dating for four and a half years, living together for the last two and a half. My girlfriend is an amazing person - smart, driven, caring - she tried college which didn't really work out for her so she has no schooling to fall back on. Three years ago she got a job as a receptionist where she worked for ~ 2 years. She was always 1 write-up from being fired.. usually for "lack of attention to detail." She'd always blame her bosses poor management techniques and said that he wouldn't help her learn or grow.. just use her mistakes as ammo for a negative performance review.

I figured hey - we all have shit bosses sometimes and encouraged her to job-hunt if she was unhappy. It turned out for the best and she ended up getting a job she was completely under-qualified for - salary, benefits, etc. As far as I knew she loved the job and it was going great. I noticed she'd be on her phone throughout her work day, texting and on social media.. but I figured she just had downtime. Around a month ago she came home in tears - her boss sat her down and explained she needs to improve or they have to let her go. She made multiple mistakes with clients - one cost the company $1000. Yesterday she came home and told me she was fired. She's back to waitressing for now.

As heartless as this sounds it makes me worried for our future. Everyone else our age, myself included, is advancing in their careers.. meanwhile my girlfriend can't even hold down a job. For now it doesn't matter - our mortgage is cheap and I make enough that we don't have to worry at all. But down the road.. when we're trying for kids, taking time off, etc.. I'm starting to realize I'm not sure if I can rely on her to hold down a job.

TL;DR: Girlfriend can't hold down a job and it makes me worried for our future. What can I do?



Submitted January 04, 2019 at 05:38AM by CantHoldAJob7 http://bit.ly/2CPvqDS
My [25M] girlfriend [25F] just got fired for the second time. I'm getting worried about our future. My [25M] girlfriend [25F] just got fired for the second time. I'm getting worried about our future. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.