Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My mentally unstable ex-boyfriend (22M) is scaring me (21F) and I’m not sure how to approach the situation.

Throwaway because I am sure some of our friends use reddit.

Long story short I dated this boy for three years, met senior year of high school and dated until my junior year of college. While I was in school I lived about two hours from our home town (and will do so until May). He had a history of eating disorders, family abuse, depression, etc. I had a history of none of these things. Which was fine. I loved him and it worked for a while.

This is long but I feel it is relevant. As I started coming back from college breaks I kept unraveling all these secrets. He began doing hard drugs, had failed a consecutive three years of community college (we are talking English 101 and Psych 101, folks... 6 times), been fired from multiple jobs for not showing up. It became clear that our lives were taking different paths when I accepted a full time job offer that would require me to move states when I graduated college. He also became very emotionally abusive and would block me on every website, block my number, and physically threaten me. His threats never said “I’ll punch you or kill you”, but he would try to “man up” on me by standing taller, yelling, or idk... you get the idea. I began getting scared and dumped him over text. I told him I never wanted to see him again, which he didn’t take well.

He had severe issues with his mental state while we were dating which became worse after. A mutual friend told me he had a severe mental breakdown and began posting crazy shit all over FB about girls he asked out in high school, how he poured bleach in his moms drinks, and about his family members molesting each other. Yesterday, he called me about 90 times after no contact for a year. I answered because this was unusual, and he was acting like we were still dating... I told him I was sorry, I didn’t want to meet with him because it was healthier for both of us to be apart. He begged me so I said “ok, I’ll meet you for lunch in a public place”. That made him upset which made me scared to even talk to him in the first place. When we hung up he said “I love you”, which I ignored.

Tonight while I was out he showed up in my drive way as my mom was coming home. He stood behind her car and he said “I wasn’t expecting to see you here”. And then my mom invited him for reasons I do not know. She said he was shaking, crying, talking about how I “broke up with him yesterday” and how he wasn’t doing good. My mom said she held his hand, and he told her about some other fucked up shit in his family. My mom tried to keep him from leaving and asked him if he was on drugs but he repeatedly said no. I do believe that is possible due to his mental instability. However now I am wondering how to approach him / the situation. I am scared he will hurt himself or his family, because he mentioned how much he hates them on the phone yesterday. But more importantly I am worried about the safety of myself and my own family. He knows where I go to school, what car I drive, where my friends live.

Am I over reacting? Something feels incredibly wrong. I considered calling police but not sure if they can even help. I feel contacting his parents would make the situation worse. They have a track record of being fucking horrible people. Or maybe they don’t? Idk what to believe about him anymore. Any advice is welcome.

TLDR; my ex has severe mental issues, contacted me after a year of NC, now I am scared of him.

edit: had to clear up typos because they drive me insane



Submitted January 03, 2019 at 09:54PM by throwaway_helplol http://bit.ly/2F7kbs1
My mentally unstable ex-boyfriend (22M) is scaring me (21F) and I’m not sure how to approach the situation. My mentally unstable ex-boyfriend (22M) is scaring me (21F) and I’m not sure how to approach the situation. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.