Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [25 M] GF [24 F] has a habit of giving away things without thinking about it.

Throwaway because my GF knows my main.

My GF is a very giving person, which is great, but she has a habit of blurting out "go ahead and take this" without really giving it any thought. Below are some examples of times she's done this:

  • She offered to give someone a ride home from an event to which I had driven. This person lived way out of our way and they had options other than us to get home.
  • I bought both of us dash cams for Xmas, not knowing that's what her father also got us. Her brother was looking at our dash cams when my GF said "wait we have extra ones, merry christmas that's yours!" and gave him the one her dad got her for Christmas. I wanted to return the ones I had bought to get my money back, but now I only have 1 to return.
  • We live together with 1 roommate, and while I have my own room, I mostly sleep in hers. I use my room as my "man-cave" where I play games and relax. Our roommate had a friend coming over to spend the night, where she usually sleeps on the comfortable couch in the living room. My GF texted "you can go ahead and sleep in my BF's room!" I feel like that is my space and it is not her right to offer to it anyone.
  • More than once, she has offered to let people come live with us after we moved in together. I feel like that is a big thing to offer to someone, but she did it quickly without really thinking about it and without discussing it with me first.

When she offers these things, I can't refuse without looking like an asshole. I have talked to her about this habit of hers but she tells me not to be an asshole and to be more giving. I don't mind helping people out now and then, but I feel massively disrespected when she gives things of mine (my dash cam, my room, my time) without at least asking me first. I also absolutely do not want to live with anyone else and it worries me she's offering our place to several people without talking to me about it first.

TLDR: GF thoughtlessly offers things to people, often at my expense, without talking to me about it first. This includes offering to let people live with us. I feel disrespected when she does this, but she says I'm being a selfish asshole.



Submitted January 03, 2019 at 09:52AM by Zebrastriker http://bit.ly/2F6a4EP
My [25 M] GF [24 F] has a habit of giving away things without thinking about it. My [25 M] GF [24 F] has a habit of giving away things without thinking about it. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.