Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [24M] mom [40sF] is still stuck on this one girl I dated in 10th grade and constantly tries to persuade me to try to get back with her.

My freshman year of high school, we had a new student. I liked her immediately. After a year we decided to start dating. We had a lot of fun together, but she was going through some mild depression at the time and never wanted to do anything outside the house with me. So I broke up with her after a few months.

My mom, for some reason, believes this girl is my soulmate. She's very cute, and has a cool job (she flies planes with donated blood bags). VERY compassionate and ambitious. I can kind of understand why my mom likes her so much, but it's been 9 YEARS. She tried to get back together with me in 12th grade and I rejected her. My mom constantly tells me that was the dumbest decision I've ever made. Every single time the girl posts something on Facebook, my mom writes these comments gushing on how amazing and beautiful she is. But I just don't like her like that, and even if I did, I doubt she would still be interested in me since I broke her heart twice.

My mom also likes to tell me every detail of everything she posts on facebook and shows me pictures and is like "look at how cute/talented/perfect she is!" It's just getting old. My dad really likes the girl too, but he is more in the camp of "it's your own life, so whatever"...

I've tried to get her to stop but she just won't. It's getting very old.

What should I say to her?

tl;dr dated this girl in 10th grade and my mom thinks she was my soulmate and won't leave me alone about it



Submitted January 03, 2019 at 06:18PM by ExpressVast8 http://bit.ly/2FaGahY
My [24M] mom [40sF] is still stuck on this one girl I dated in 10th grade and constantly tries to persuade me to try to get back with her. My [24M] mom [40sF] is still stuck on this one girl I dated in 10th grade and constantly tries to persuade me to try to get back with her. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.