Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me [40 F] with my BF [40 M] together 6 years, will he ever marry me?

I guess if I'm asking reddit, I may already know the answer here.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years, we live together and have a dog. He wants children, as do I - but, I've been having fertility issues, which you could imagine is a pretty stressful time. Other than that, we have a really great relationship and are really close. We still are affectionate and loving toward each other. However, problems are afoot!

My boyfriend hasn't made any moves towards committing to the relationship or taking things to the next level. I've turned 40 and I don't want to have a boyfriend, I want a husband. I've made this pretty clear this is something I really need before starting a family, I've asked him upfront 'are we going to get married?' he just laughs it off or answers 'you never know!' implying it'll happen one day. He has been doing this for around a year, if not longer. He's made no movement in this direction or towards even hinting about marriage in the future together. I feel very stuck, sad and confused about why he's acting like this.

Do you think my fertility issues are stopping him committing to me? Do I call it a day, safe in the assumption that he's not going to commit to me if he hasn't already done it? I love him, but him shrugging this off is really starting to impact my confidence in the relationship and is really hurting my feelings. I've communicated this, but still - no comfort.

Tldr; my boyfriend of 6 years laughs or shrugs off whenever I mention marriage & it's killing me.



Submitted January 02, 2019 at 05:25AM by Mareet79 http://bit.ly/2Aue91v
Me [40 F] with my BF [40 M] together 6 years, will he ever marry me? Me [40 F] with my BF [40 M] together 6 years, will he ever marry me? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 02, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.