Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (26f) was my little sisters (16f) biggest protector but I don’t know what to do anymore

Using a throwaway because she also has reddit. Wall of text incoming, tldr at the bottom.

Some back story, my mom is trash. Always been trash, always will be trash, I’ve come to terms with this. She’s an addict, and has a multitude of undiagnosed mental issues. I haven’t lived with my mom since I was 12, but I’ve always been there for my sister, hereby known as LS. Knowing that I was safe away from my mom and LS had to live there her whole life always ate away at me, and I’ve done my best to be there for her. For years, I took her and picked her up from school, let her come come stay with me for weeks on end when my mom was off having a bender. I’ve bought groceries when my mom refused to shop and there was no food in the house. I pretty much raised her. But LS’s started heading onto a bad path. She’s started smoking cigarettes and weed, which obviously it could be worse, but she’s barely 16 and I hate it. I’ve tried to instill values in her while my mom has worked hard to undue any positive value I’ve put in her life. I can’t buy her things, because my mom just takes them for herself. I can’t give her money because my mom finds the hiding places and steals it.

Recently LS has started pulling away from me. It started when she stole money from me. She was at my house and when I took her home, I noticed $20 missing from my wallet. I asked her about it and she was very defensive and hung up on me. I texted her and apologized, maybe I misplaced it. Next time she came over, same thing. Money was missing, but I didn’t say anything this time. I’ve tried taking her out to lunch to talk about it, to try and see if there was anything I could say to help get her off this path, but she pretty much told me to f*** off. I understand that she’s a teenager, and she’s obviously going through a lot, but she was never like this before. She even smokes weed at my house. She thinks she can hide it, but I’m not an idiot. I know the smell. The last straw was when she came over a couple weeks ago. She’s been aggressive, mean, and downright horrible to me for months now, but for the third time, she stole money from me. I caught her before I dropped her off at home and told her if she didn’t give the money back, I was cutting off ties. She told me to f*** myself, and slammed the car door, and I haven’t heard from her until today. This has been the hardest thing I’ve done, but I have no idea what to do anymore. I’ve tried talking to her, I offered to pay for therapy, i just don’t know what to do anymore. She texted me and said she misses me, and I want nothing more than to pick her up, give her a big hug and pretend like nothing happened. But that won’t fix the problem. I’m so lost and feel like I’m losing her. I need advice because I feel like I’ve tried everything.

TL;DR My little sister is smoking weed and stealing money from me but I still love her and want to help but I don’t know what to do anymore.



Submitted January 01, 2019 at 04:33PM by thisisthrowawayobvi http://bit.ly/2LLyJ1D
I (26f) was my little sisters (16f) biggest protector but I don’t know what to do anymore I (26f) was my little sisters (16f) biggest protector but I don’t know what to do anymore Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 02, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.