Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Days away from entering a law enforcement academy after being a Medical Doctor (mid 30's M) in the West Coast for 10 years. This sub helped me find myself! Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone, I want to thank everyone who gave me great advice. A few weeks ago I posted that I was questioning if I wanted to still be a Medical Doctor after seeing some questionable things in my profession. I also had an issue with a sibling (45M) who's been in the same field as me. He constantly brags about himself and has been doing it for many years. My Dad also has always wanted to go into business with me.

After absorbing what everyone had to say on this board, talking with a few close friends, and speaking to a counselor, I realized that being a Medical Doctor is what was expected of me since I was a child. I've worked hard to get to where I am but there was always something missing. My feelings of inadequacy towards my brother were because I really didn't know myself. I guess it's never too late to make a change and although I'll be taking a pay cut, I'm finally happy for the first time in my life.

Thanks everyone! Any words of encouragement before my first day at the academy?

TL;DR Thanks to this sub I found what I really wanted in life. Just days away from entering the academy!



Submitted January 28, 2019 at 07:40AM by sazhfarron http://bit.ly/2DDqguZ
Days away from entering a law enforcement academy after being a Medical Doctor (mid 30's M) in the West Coast for 10 years. This sub helped me find myself! Thanks everyone. Days away from entering a law enforcement academy after being a Medical Doctor (mid 30's M) in the West Coast for 10 years. This sub helped me find myself! Thanks everyone. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.