Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [29f] ghosted my best friend [28f] of 7 years. How do I explain myself so that she will leave me alone once and for all?

Ok before you judge me based on the title I want to explain why I did what I did.

When I met her (Annie) she was in a relationship with her then boyfriend Alan. We were both in college and I'd literally spend hours at their house. He was playing video games the whole time so me and her would have great conversations about space and ideas about what we could do in life. We're both pretty creative, she can paint really well and also sing, and I'm good at writing. We would take silly pictures and laugh and all that girly stuff. I really had fun with her.

Then she broke up with Alan after 4 years, and started dating Jimmy about a month after the break up. Meanwhile she always had a crush on Alans friend, but she never acted upon it (relevant later). Now Jimmy was really emotionally abusive and I stood by her throughout their relationship. I came arund less often because I didn't like the energy, or the fact that she kept finding excuses for his abusive behaviour. So after 2 years she ends the thing with Jimmy. She is now single and I just hate the person she became. She belittles others when she thinks they are stupid (is what she told me), and when I tried to tell her I don't think its very nice of her, her only response is always I know I'm messed up. She went and had sex with Alans friend the same night she broke up with Jimmy, then Alan ( who is still her friend) found out and asked her to please not fool around his friend anymore. That he will understand if it's love, but not to just mess around with the guy because he feels weird about it. So she promised(!!) that she wouldn't ever have sex with him again, then went over the same night amd is still having sex with him behind Alans back.

Our conversations became all about guys and who banged her good and who didn't and who she met on tinder and how she's too good for them anyway.

See, I understand that Jimmy really hurt her self-confidence, but she was getting arrogant. If I complimented her she would just shrug me off like, tell me something I don't know type of person, is what she became. So I started to not like her anymore. Throughout our friendship I have been with my boyfriend (8 years now) and I even started feeling like she wanted his attention too. Like, seriously?? Then another best friend of hers ( Jane) started casually dating a guy and she would sometimes complain about him. So when Annie found him on tinder, she swiped right, because Jane is always complaining about him and she thinks he might be her perfect match. I guess she felt kind of guilty after, because she told him it's "too bad", but Jane had him first.

One night we were out with my bf, some of our friends and I invited her and her new tinder date to come along. So they did and I really wanted to make her feel good so she has fun. I started saying what a nice song she wrote and she just shut me down like I'm some overbearing groupie. Then, when we were alone, I told her i like the guy she brought that I can see he only has eyes for her. What I meant was he's looking at her like she was a princess. So she said well there is no other hot girl here. I mean you're here, but you know... I was already kind of put off by that time, but the last thing was that I had told her I'm struggling with money lately, and I just started a new job and had to wait a month to get paid. One of my boyfriends friends said he needed to buy something for a trip he was making and since I had the item I said man I'll sell it to you. She then said "haha don't buy stuff from her she'll rip you off". I didn't even say a price or anything. It just felt like she didn't want me to make a deal. Meanwhile her friend ( very good friend) comes to her to buy weed and she is always charging her about 10€ extra.

So after 2 days she wrote me if she can borrow a dress for a date she has because she wants him to fall off his chair, and I've been ghosting her ever since. That was in june. She keeps reaching out and I just dont want to answer, but I want to close this chapter of my life wothout unnecessary drama, so please tell me what I should say. One of her orher friends reached out to me saying she missed my friendship and when I replied (yes, stupid) she immediately sent a screenshot to Annie so now I'm ghosting two people. Thanks !

tl;dr i ghosted my best friend and I need advice on how to let her know I'm not coming back.



Submitted September 04, 2021 at 04:44AM by luckyluckerson29 https://ift.tt/3yP29mp
I [29f] ghosted my best friend [28f] of 7 years. How do I explain myself so that she will leave me alone once and for all? I [29f] ghosted my best friend [28f] of 7 years. How do I explain myself so that she will leave me alone once and for all? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 04, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.