Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Parents want me to get marries. But I have no inclination towards marriage (26 M)

Asking for advice from fellow Indians or those who have an idea about Indian society:

I am from a typical Indian middle class family. I had crush on multiple girls during all phases of my life but I never proceeded further, Never overcame my shyness towards girls because I was focused on studies/career/ fun with boy gang and found initiating conversation with intention of making girl friend not that exciting. Now I moved to a decent job and have good savings. My parents brought up the marriage topic now saying that relatives are asking about my marriage and that they are getting good matches for me. However I don't understand getting married through arranged marriage setting, I don't think it is right thing to marry just because my parents have planned for me to get married at 26 and just for the sake of following societal norms. I don't see any benefit of getting married ever. I feel that if i can control my hormones at my peak teenage years , I can stay single forever and focus on career, have fun /enjoy freedom instead of extra burden of taking care of family I don't see the balance of benefits vs additional responsibilities. Any suggestions on why marriage would be a good option ? other than the reason that its how society progresses?

P.S: I am not emotionally dependent on others, I don't want to get married for sex. I don't want to get married because of loneliness as I like to explore/meet different people and never felt lonely even when I am alone. I believe even at 50, I will have lot of money and free time if I am single than married.

tl;dr : I am 26 M, indian parents want me to get marries and I don't see a single benefit with marriage.



Submitted September 03, 2021 at 06:42PM by HareRamaHareRammm https://ift.tt/2VgPI5p
Parents want me to get marries. But I have no inclination towards marriage (26 M) Parents want me to get marries. But I have no inclination towards marriage (26 M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 04, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.