Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (28F) BF (26M) of two years has lied about his entire life

This is a throwaway as he knows my personal. I'll be very vague here. We are late 20s and have been together 2 years. He has spoken of proposing this year and marrying 2021. I am onboard for all this. We are very happy.

I don't know what made me do this, but I am bored as hell during quarantine. I was messing around on Facebook and randomly - I still don't know why this came up in my mind - thought I'd search for someone he made me do a bank transfer to last year. It wasn't much at all, but he said it was a friends mother.

I was stunned to see it was his actual mother under this name. A different name from I know her as, different first name and surname. I've never met her in person because he says she lives in another country. But I've seen messages between them where he talks about me with her etc, so I know who she is and we have spoken of meeting eventually before engagement etc.

I dropped my iPad in shock and went to hide in the bathroom for nearly two hours. Taking a very long shower.

He said his mother was born in another country and lived there. Yet I browsed this profile and although not updated since 2017. There were photos being tagged locally. I searched through the profile to see if he was friends and then saw his grandmother with again another name and surname from what I know. But they both matched photos I have seen and and he has sent me.

On the grandmothers profile I then saw photos of my bf as a kid with his mother... Living a very different lifestyle from what he had told me and led me to believe of the years. In some photos they are together with a man who I guess is his father, they do look alike.

But again this man is different from the father he has shown me and told me.

I then found on the grandmothers profile my bf's old teenage profile. He has a totally different high school listed. And his location is listed as somewhere totally different from where he said he grew up.

I also tried to find his sister who he has spoken about but he has never sent a photo of her. And I've tried to find the name but I guess it's a fake name too.

Interestingly though the mother does have several friends who have half the surname has has said he is. So maybe the parents did divorce as he said but then she changed back to her maiden name. But then all these people - 8 of them she is friends with with the same surname - she would have moved back to that?

I am now thinking the whole thing is a lie. And I really don't know why or what to do. One part of me thought to message the mother and just politely ask a question pretending to try and get in contact with her son from school days etc. But I really don't know what to do.

I can't even confront my bf. I left the house this morning to go on a run and still not back home. I can't stand to even look at his face. I truly am confused as hell and feel my whole world has stopped spinning. I don't know what to do. At all.

The only thing I can actually believe is the past 4 years - so the 2 he has been with me, and the 2 before that when he was in college still. Everything before that I believe is total lies.

Tl;dr: My bf has seemingly lied about his entire family. I have no idea why. And no idea how to confront or move on from this.



Submitted May 02, 2020 at 12:58PM by InevitableType1 https://ift.tt/3fcSMVh
My (28F) BF (26M) of two years has lied about his entire life My (28F) BF (26M) of two years has lied about his entire life Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 03, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.