My girlfriend and I have been in a very nice relationship for almost 3 years. She's caring, kind, and gets very passionate and excited for the things that she loves. For her birthday, I bought her the new animal crossing and she quickly fell in love with it.
We first used it to really bond, playing together and visiting each other's islands. During the month and a half we've spent in quarantine, she's fully immersed herself the game with over 350 hours, joining communities on social media, making friends, and having fun. For me, it was fun for 3 weeks or so, but I eventually burnt out as it felt tedious and slow to play for me. I wanted to move on.
She continued playing it and I would try to show a strong interest as I do with her other hobbies and ideas as well as play with her, but she'd gotten to a point where she wanted me to see changes she'd made multiple times a day and play through tedious tasks with her that were not only time specific, but took hours at a time to do. Not my idea of fun, especially as I had several online classes as a student I needed to work through.
When I tried to tell her, she got sad and so I continued on, trying to push myself to stay supportive and caring about her love and effort she put into the game. But she eventually noticed I looked bored and annoyed whenever she asked me to play (which again, was every day or every other day) and got extremely mad at me.
When I finally confessed how I now truly felt about the game and everything surrounding it, she got extremely upset, accused me of not being supportive when she always is of my hobbies, and mad that we couldn't have this as a hobby to share as we did when the game first came out.
I can't bring myself to care about anything related to the game though anymore, and I've tried for WEEKS. I want to be supportive or even spend time doing our other interests and hobbies, but all she does is play Animal Xrossing, talk about it, or want me to do something within it.
I'm at a loss. I don't know how to fix this issue. Help?
TLDR; I've grown bored of playing Animal Crossing, she constantly wants to play it with me, and is very upset I don't have the same level of love for it. She wants to share that experience, but I can't even bring myself to like playing it anymore. Unsure what to do.
Submitted May 02, 2020 at 09:17PM by Beatzbruh https://ift.tt/3f7gYrY


No comments:
Post a Comment