Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (27M) have recently gotten new roommates (27M, 25F) who will not properly discipline their dog

So, over the last month I got an apartment with some friends, a married couple, and things have been pretty good for the most part. We are getting along pretty well, and things have been going relatively well.

The only problem is their "Emotional Support" Dog, a half Chihuahua named Artimus. He is constantly tearing through trash, going to the bathroom on the floor, often right next to the pads they have set up all over the house for him to go on, barking at any and every noise in the house, and following me around, growling, barking, and biting at me every chance he gets.

The problem comes in after, once I bring it to my roommates attention. They will say "Bad Arty", in the same weak tone that they praise him in, they will put him in a caged area they have for him in the den, but will go get him when he starts whining after a few minutes, and then they feed him human food. They never properly discipline their dog and I don't know what to do.

I've tried telling them this, that they are only reinforcing his bad behaviors. I've tried explaining to them that every time Arty freaks out on me, it makes me feel like an intruder in my own house. I've even tried suggesting training tips to help curb the behavior, but they don't listen. They'll agree in the moment, but the next time Arty acts out, they do the same weak punishments that aren't working, and I honestly don't know what else to do.

I don't want them to get rid of their dog. I love dogs and want to get one of my own here soon, but I don't know what to do at this point. Any advice I can get would he helpful!

EDIT: I'm not looking for advice on how to punish a dog guys, but advice on how to bring this across to my roommates. I don't really need Reddit to tell me how to kick a Chihuahua. If that's what I wanted, I wouldn't need your guy's advice.

Tl;Dr My roommates won't discipline their dog when it acts out and won't listen to my pleas for them to. Any advice would be appreciated!

EDIT: Clarified that we moved into a new apartment together and that I'm not looking for ways to beat the dog, but talk to my roommates about their lack of discipline.



Submitted May 02, 2020 at 09:48PM by jonesthrowawayjones1 https://ift.tt/35tmf8I
I (27M) have recently gotten new roommates (27M, 25F) who will not properly discipline their dog I (27M) have recently gotten new roommates (27M, 25F) who will not properly discipline their dog Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 03, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.