Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

She (29F) forgets my (33M) birthday. This year it felt she was sarcastic about the whole thing. Does it make it okay if she is under a lot of stress?

We've been together for roughly two years now in a long distance kind of a bind, with annual meetups in winters. She's been working really hard and I know she has a lot on her plate, moving to a new country and all. So last year, when it happened, I reminded her jokingly that it's my birthday, and she kept saying well now its almost over, never once uttering Happy Birthday. Even her kid sister reminded her, and I didn't feel she gave this a second thought. I let it go because everything else is mostly good between us. and that is what's important.

This year initially I wanted to be petty. I wanted to see if she would remember and then lay it out in front of her that she forgot. But I felt bad about that because she is still settling in and is looking for a job change. So I dropped a hint that it's my birthday in a few days in a conversation, and she acknowledged it.

on my bday, I waited, and nothing. So when we were texting, I dropped it again, and she was like 'I'm sorry. I DID NOT WISH YOU IMMEDIATELY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. HAPPY SWEET SIXTEEN'

I told her it sounded like sarcasm because she wrote in all caps. she said she was being funny and acting like hipsters because they write in caps and sent a sad emoji. I don't know if i believe her, but I apologized for jumping to conclusions.

I know we'll talk tomorrow and she will gloss over this. Is it something to make a big deal out of? Was she really not sarcastic?

TL;DR It was my birthday. But I feel like s##T. The one person whose wish would have meant the most isn't into it. Am I being petty?



Submitted February 24, 2019 at 08:07AM by oldschoolguy1-0 https://ift.tt/2H0oyWK
She (29F) forgets my (33M) birthday. This year it felt she was sarcastic about the whole thing. Does it make it okay if she is under a lot of stress? She (29F) forgets my (33M) birthday. This year it felt she was sarcastic about the whole thing. Does it make it okay if she is under a lot of stress? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 24, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.