Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Girl (25/F) I'm (28/F) dating took me to her sister's house and proceeded to angrily rant about me in front of everyone, then kicked me out

Yesterday, F and I went to her sister's house where she lives with her boyfriend. On meeting F at the station, we went on to grab some snacks and stuff from a local shop. Because we had to eat snacks, I became a little frustrated at this, because I'm currently going to the gym and trying to eat better and I couldn't find anything suitable to eat. My mood was a little dampened by this, but I was still up for going to the sister's house.

When F asked me what was wrong, I explained that I was feeling frustrated at not being able to find anything suitable to eat. She snapped "well, go home, or go to a different shop!" and "hurry up, we're going to be late!" Her general demeanour was quite rushed, and she seemed to be frustrated with me. I recognise that I am a grown adult and didn't expect her to find me anything, but I had been asked what was wrong, so I told her. That was her response.

As we walked up to F's sister's house, I was repeatedly told that if I didn't 'fix' my mood, I might as well turn around and go home, or that I wasn't welcome in the house if I continued to 'act like this'. Again, I was fine and able to switch my mood into something else once I'd reached the sister's, but F only seemed to get angrier and angrier. The increasing tension was making things worse; had this not been mentioned again, things would have been fine. She began walking faster and faster in front of me, and I could just tell that she was getting more tense.

When we got to the sister's, things appeared to have calmed down, until F suddenly took a stand in the middle of the living room and began telling Sister and Sister's Boyfriend all about my miserable behaviour on the way to the house, detailing every little facial expression, every thing 'wrong' I'd done up to that point. Sister and Sister's Boyfriend didn't say a word, and stared at the floor throughout this. I didn't say much, either. I was feeling anxious at this point, and confused as to why someone was standing there ranting about me and making things worse. I felt so nervous that I tried to catch F's eye and smile, trying to lighten this mood. I was also unsure if she was joking or serious, as she kept laughing intermittently throughout this. I of course wouldn't ordinarily laugh or smile at someone who was upset, but I was nervous and finding this situation very strange.

Towards the end of the rant, F looked at me and said "actually, you need to leave, you're pissing me off. you're frustrating me, you need to leave, I'm not even joking". I had been sitting on the sofa through all of this speech and I was confused as we'd arranged this, and I'd travelled all the way to this house, etc. I got up to leave, as the Sister and Sister's boyfriend just sat there in silence, and I couldn't see any other way out of this.

I got up to leave, went downstairs and put my shoes on and got my stuff together. I called up to F to ask if I could talk to her, she came down. She was still really angry with me and wouldn't really let me speak. I asked her why she was doing this, and tried to tell her that I was humiliated, but she said she 'didn't care' and that I'd humiliated her. She threatened to call the police if I didn't leave (I was already leaving) so I just laughed and said cool OK, and left. She slammed the door behind me.

Once I got home, I had a message from her telling me that we can't continue dating because the way I acted in front of her family wasn't OK. The way I'd acted seems to be referring to my mood, and not one specific thing I had done.

We then had a phone call in which she listed everything I'd done wrong, from not greeting the sister correctly, to being rude and dismissive to her feelings during the rant she had given. I found it hard to want to comfort someone who was attacking me and humiliating me in front of people I'd just met, in a place I'd been to for the first time. I am unsure what action she would have liked me to have taken.

In this phone call she expressed that I am "just like her ex" in that I am rude to her family, and that her sister agrees with everything F thinks about me, and that I'm no longer welcome there, and that I should apologise to the sister and the boyfriend. That I have disrespected her family and that she can't go back on that and ever be involved with me again.

I have written everything here as it happened. I am confused and baffled as to what this is even about, why her anger exploded to that level, and what I'm supposed to do now. I am feeling quite anxious and scared, and confused at the sudden ending of the situation rather than talking about it or trying to resolve it.

I also feel like I've gone mad. I feel as if that all happened so quickly, I can't even place where the wrongdoing is. The explosion of anger I saw there was also really disconcerting. I am struggling with this because we had been very close up until just a few days ago.

This is not the first time she exploded at me and then broke up with me - but this time is worse. I feel humiliated and confused, and I wonder who was in the wrong in this situation?

TL:DR: Girl I'm dating tells me that I disrespected her family despite it being her that stood up in front of them and ranted about me for ten minutes, while I had visited their home for the first time. I am confused and hurt and don't know who was really in the wrong.



Submitted February 25, 2019 at 05:11AM by Lazy_Anxiety https://ift.tt/2U6tptl
Girl (25/F) I'm (28/F) dating took me to her sister's house and proceeded to angrily rant about me in front of everyone, then kicked me out Girl (25/F) I'm (28/F) dating took me to her sister's house and proceeded to angrily rant about me in front of everyone, then kicked me out Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 25, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.