Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My husband (26m) is upset and wont talk to me since i (25f) learned i need extensive dental work

We've been together for five years. Up until last year I hadn't been to the dentist in many years. I don't really have a good excuse for not going except I was suicidal and didn't brush for many years and didn't think I would live long enough to suffer the consequences. I have much better dental hygiene now but the damage was already done.

I only worked up the courage to go to the dentist again a few months ago when my tooth cracked and I had no choice but to go. I had to have a root canal and crown which were very costly but we were able to afford it. We discussed that I would need more work done when our insurance renewed.

So a few days ago I went in for a new patient exam, and it was pretty bad. The dentist quoted me for about five thousand dollars of work that needed to be done to get my teeth back in shape. That's after I already had the 2k dental work from before. We can afford it, technically. We do better than a lot of people. But of course it's still a lot of money. It doesn't need to be done all at once, but it does need to be done this year.

I told my husband immediately, and he's been very distant ever since. He won't talk to me except to say that he's upset with me. I can afford to pay the payments for the work but I won't be able to help our family in other ways financially and he's really upset about that. I know it sucks, and I have no idea how to talk to him about it. I don't want my husband to resent me forever but I don't want to lose my teeth. What should I do?

TL;DR: Husband hasn't spoken to me in days because I need 5k dollars in dental work. What should I do?



Submitted January 02, 2019 at 02:46PM by ohnomyteethh http://bit.ly/2F5t9qC
My husband (26m) is upset and wont talk to me since i (25f) learned i need extensive dental work My husband (26m) is upset and wont talk to me since i (25f) learned i need extensive dental work Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 03, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.