Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (28m) was offered dream job paying double my current salary in another state. My Gf (28F) of 5 years does not want to move.

I currently make 50k/year in AZ. Been with my current employer for 5 years and am burning out. I’ve been offered a job in California (LA) within the entertainment/video game industry which has been a dream of mine. These types of jobs feel extremely few and far between here and I’ve found that most careers in this industry are located out there in California. While the cost of living is significantly higher, the job would pay 100k/year and I think this role would be a great stepping stone for advancing my career, and the money would give us a better opportunity to save for our future. I think 100k in LA is like the equivalent of making 70k here.

Gf works part time from home and then works once or twice a week at a salon across town. she’s making 30k/year. She has the option to do the work from home job from anywhere, but does not want to move. She is very close with her parents and brother in AZ but she also has another brother in California, along with the majority of her extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins), which is why I’m disappointed she’s so against moving. She thinks there’s nothing for her there and that it’s too expensive, not ideal place to settle down to start a family, etc.

This is the girl I plan to marry and start a family with and I don’t want to feel like I have to choose her or the job, but it sounds like she’s just against following me if I take the job and would break up with me. I know there will be other opportunities to advance my career here in AZ but I'm pretty disappointed that she wouldn’t be willing to compromise and I don’t know if this is going to be one of those things that I’ll regret for passing up on and always wonder “what if”. She wants me to go out there if i truly think it’s worth the opportunity but she wouldn’t come with.

TL:DR; chance to double current salary in another state. Gf of 5 years who I want to marry and start a family with doesn’t want to move but said I should take the job if I really want it. Acting like we would break up if I did.

What would you do if you were in my shoes?



Submitted January 04, 2019 at 07:28AM by Throwaways3939 http://bit.ly/2F6FWsQ
I (28m) was offered dream job paying double my current salary in another state. My Gf (28F) of 5 years does not want to move. I (28m) was offered dream job paying double my current salary in another state. My Gf (28F) of 5 years does not want to move. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.