Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband (35m) and ILs left to do their own thing during joint family birthday party

This was a birthday party for our 5yo son with both sides of our family in attendance. The venue was a buffet restaurant on one side of the building and the other separate side was an arcade. You're supposed to eat and have birthday festivities at the restaurant, then clear out and move over to the arcade side where they have pub tables.

My family was nearly finished eating and his 3 family members were done. I decided it was time to bring out the birthday cupcakes and told my husband. I asked him if I could borrow his pocket knife to open the taped cupcakes boxes. He handed it to me and I turned around to set them all up. When I finished and turned around I saw that my husband, the birthday boy, and his 3 family members were no longer at the table. I figured they must've gone back to the buffet or to the restrooms so I sat down to visit with my family.

10 minutes or so pass and people are asking where they went. I call my husband and he tells me they're all playing arcade games. I tell them we're waiting on them to do cake and presents. So we wait a while longer and they finally show up.

I wasn't MAD but I felt really hurt. It was embarrassing and really obvious that his side of the family went off to do their own thing and with very strange timing. My husband later told me that he wanted to make sure his mom and dad had a chance to get 1-on-1 time with or son so that's why they took off without us. I reminded him that his family spends an order of magnitude more time with our son. He said that's only because my family doesn't care enough. Very hurtful and not true. He apologized for leaving us but kept giving excuses for why he was justified.

I'm still bothered by it this morning and not sure how to resolve it with my husband.

TLDR: my husband took the birthday boy and his side of the family to go play arcade games just as I was setting up for cake and presents. Said he wanted his parents to have special 1-on-1 time with birthday boy without my family.



Submitted January 27, 2019 at 09:49AM by ghingly http://bit.ly/2Rg00us
Husband (35m) and ILs left to do their own thing during joint family birthday party Husband (35m) and ILs left to do their own thing during joint family birthday party Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.