Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I [23M] make it up to my girlfriend [24F] after ruining her night because of my personality?

Yesterday, my SO and I were supposed to go out to a club. She wanted to look nice, so she took a couple hours to get ready, and at the end of it, she looked stunning.

The plan was to go to my friend's place first to pregame and then head out to the club. After pregaming, we headed to the club, but when we got there, there was a long queue to get in. It was cold, and I didn't wear a coat because I didn't want to have to carry it around in the club, and she had a light jacket on. My SO feels really cold easily, and so, as soon as we got out of the Uber, I decided, for the both of us, without even consulting with her, that we're going to leave. In my mind, I thought that I'd not want her to be cold at all.

So, on our Uber home, I apologized that we didn't even go in, and, from that conversation is when I realized that she was ready to wait in the cold because she had dressed up for a fun night out, however, because I wore no layers, and I was shivering, she didn't say anything when I decided that we're not staying. I feel like a horrible person because I didn't even consult with her, and she's the sweetest person for not saying anything just for my sake.

The worst part is that I've done something similar before, when we went out with her friends and I didn't really enjoy, so I asked if we could leave, and because she cares for me so much, we left. My problem is that I don't realize I'm being so selfish when I do such selfish things, but I find out only later, and it makes me miserable because I had no clue of what I did when I did it.

She's still asleep, but because of this horrible, guilty feeling, I can't sleep. What's something that I can do today to try to make it up to her? I was thinking of cooking a nice breakfast, but then she'd probably wake up with all my noise, and I definitely don't want to do that.

As a side question, how can I improve my personality? Sometimes, I'm so selfish with my SO that I don't think from her perspective, and when I realize my mistake, it's always late, and both our moods are ruined — mine, because of how horrible I am, and hers, because of how horrible I am.

TL;DR: I make decisions for myself and my girlfriend without consulting without understanding what I've done, and when I do, it's too late and I feel miserable and horrible.



Submitted January 27, 2019 at 06:43AM by IThrowawayThrowaway http://bit.ly/2MAC0kT
How can I [23M] make it up to my girlfriend [24F] after ruining her night because of my personality? How can I [23M] make it up to my girlfriend [24F] after ruining her night because of my personality? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.