Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Can we talk about when your SO fucks up, their first move is to come to your job with a coffee or a tiny plant to say sorry in front of your coworkers?

My bf and I have been together for 9 months now. A few weeks ago, my bf (22m) did some messed up stuff with another girl during our relationship that was going to take a while for me to recover from. After talking it through, I (21f) told him I wanted to take a break for a few days while I thought about our relationship. He agreed and we went our separate ways. The next day, he came into my office, with his uniform on (which he never does) and handed me a mini cactus plant (which is my favorite). It was awkward for me because, first of all, I wasn't expecting to see him especially at my place of work, and secondly, everyone in my office was staring at me wondering why my bf was being so sweet to me. Of course they had no idea what was going on between us, but when my bf left, my coworkers fawned all over me talking about how what he did was so nice. I am not one to talk about my personal life, so I didn't.

That move, to me, is kind of messed up in a way. I had asked my bf to give me space but instead he decides not to and then has people telling me how wonderful he is. Basically making me want the whole situation to blow over, because I love him, even though I needed time. Overall, I was very overwhelmed and his little visit made me want to end our relationship haitus and get back to being us.

With all of that said, today my bestfriend/coworker (24f) came in today with swollen eyes talking to me about how her husband (32m) of four years was saying some really wild shit to her and making her cry last night. She said that she tried to call me so she could stay at my place for the night, but her husband wouldn't let her leave. After talking to her, I've become very worried and said that she can stay with me any time and that if he isn't letting her leave, I can pick her up. Me, still sitting at my desk typing away, I have all of those feelings of wanting to protect and be there for my bestfriend. An hour or so later, my bestfriend's husband walks in with coffee and a danish from her favorite spot, saying hello to everyone and hugging her telling her he loves her, but by the look on her face she isn't feeling it. Now because of that, everyone is coming up to her about how what he did was so lovely and how a wonderful husband he is. I know how it feels to be in that position and don't understand why SO's do that, besides showing off.

Can anybody explain this to me please? Genuinely asking, not here for criticism or bullying.

tl;dr : Why do SO's go to your workplace and give you gifts, as an apology for something, in front of your coworkers?



Submitted January 04, 2019 at 09:19AM by cheesymcgrady http://bit.ly/2Fcb0qu
Can we talk about when your SO fucks up, their first move is to come to your job with a coffee or a tiny plant to say sorry in front of your coworkers? Can we talk about when your SO fucks up, their first move is to come to your job with a coffee or a tiny plant to say sorry in front of your coworkers? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.