Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [27/F] mom [54/F] is very critical of my boyfriend [24/M] regarding things that don't personally bother me. But the sermons actually DO bother me...

My boyfriend loves cars, and everything with a motor. He likes to buy them, and sell them off later on, mostly for around the same price he got them, just for a change of "scenery". He doesn't really lose money on these deals (although he doesn't really make any either), it's not something that bothers me much at all. I'd say I probably lose as much money on clothes annually, all things considered.

But my mom is often telling me how stupid it is, and it seems like she's trying to get me to be angry at him for this. She always does this when he's not around, and usually at times where I can't really escape this, like sitting in the car. I am very sensitive to criticism and "I'm just disappointed" speeches, and getting them by proxy (on top of the criticism she has of me personally) is really hard for me.

She generally likes him, but it seems like she's criticising him (at me) as if he was her own partner, or at least like he's her own son.

My question really is: Is this a common thing? I am not sure how often your parents criticise your partner in front of you, especially for things that have no real incidence on you, or on them.

--

TL;DR; : My mom is trying to get me to be angry at my boyfriend about something I don't care about. But her negative attitude is bringing me down. Is this common?



Submitted November 01, 2018 at 06:15AM by hellanation https://ift.tt/2SC2zc7
My [27/F] mom [54/F] is very critical of my boyfriend [24/M] regarding things that don't personally bother me. But the sermons actually DO bother me... My [27/F] mom [54/F] is very critical of my boyfriend [24/M] regarding things that don't personally bother me. But the sermons actually DO bother me... Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.