Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (27f) feel really frustrated with him (27m) because his anxiety won’t let us sleep and I feel like he’s not doing enough about this. Advice?

I absolutely love my partner, we’re compatible in so many ways and have been together for about 6 years

Last year he was in a job he hated and I pushed him to go to therapy. He was diagnosed and treated for depression. Then he started having panic attacks at night 7 months ago, I pushed him to see a doctor and he got diagnosed with anxiety and now also has medication for that

He then changed his job but still had depression/anxiety. Started following his dreams (career change and involved in hobbies more), still suffered from both

At first he didn’t take his meds consistently and would have panic attacks at least five nights a week. We had a conversation and he’s been good about taking them ever since

But he still has panic attacks most nights

I am exhausted. It feels like every night I have to rock him to sleep and swaddle him like a baby. I stopped doing that because I felt like I was mothering him, so I just talk to him about random stuff and try and distract him. But when it’s really bad I will hold him and rock him

But I am SO TIRED. My skin is breaking out constantly, I’m always tired, because I’m always tired I find myself feeling angry often. I have chronic migraines and this is not helping

I’ve asked him to see a sleep doctor and he keeps saying he will and never does. I’ve asked him to see his therapist weekly instead of twice a month and he never does, apparently they have* limited spots and he’s unwilling to find new docs but I think his docs are not doing enough to help him

What on earth can we do to change this? I’m too tired to think

TLDR: He is being treated for depression, anxiety, and panic attacks but still has panic attacks most nights and it’s really affecting our sleep and my mood/health. He won’t see his doctors as much as I believe he needs to, and isn’t taking charge of his health.

Any advice welcomed, thank you!



Submitted November 29, 2018 at 09:47AM by theoldestdaughter https://ift.tt/2FMRqTt
I (27f) feel really frustrated with him (27m) because his anxiety won’t let us sleep and I feel like he’s not doing enough about this. Advice? I (27f) feel really frustrated with him (27m) because his anxiety won’t let us sleep and I feel like he’s not doing enough about this. Advice? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.