Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24M) got assigned to tasks at work that was initially with a group (25F, 30F). Manager (35F) notices that the other two haven't done it so she assigns me to do their parts because I do it so well and quickly according to her.

TL;DR at the bottom. First time posting here

I (24M) work as a temp for a well-established international firm. I've been here for a couple of months.

I was assigned to do some filing work with my other co-workers (24F, 30F) since the queues that we have weren't fully backed up. I ended finishing mine quickly after I had done what's on my queue.

Manager (35F) sends out an email to check how far we've done. I send her a summary of what I have filed in, 24F responds with only 2 folders, and 30F responds that she hasn't done any of them yet but will do so once her queue is done. Now we all have the same titles but their queue is different from mine and I wasn't trained for some of the tasks that they had to do so I just brushed it off at this point.

I did what's usually on my queue and asked my manager if there's anything else I can help her with since I've already finished my parts (I was hoping she was gonna train me for something else since I learn fast according to her and my former managers). I was told to just work on the queues for now which I did.

Manager sends out another email regarding updates on the files. I responded with the additional ones that I did and attached the prior email conversation with 24F, 30F, and her regarding how we would split the files. 24F and 30F didn't respond at all, so Manager had to come in person to ask them. She's a nice person and doesn't really bug people on things that she assigns people to especially in person as she usually just asks how's everything going. 24F wasn't in the office at the time while 30F responded that 24F did a couple and she hasn't done anything at all.

Manager then goes back to her office then kindly requests me to do the rest of the files. I just joke with her as usual (like "Oh Manager came to see me I wonder what she wants" or "Manager is here so there must be something wrong" ) and she laughs, responds with something silly, and goes along with it. I accepted to do the rest but what really bugs me is that 24F and 30F didn't do their parts and they never really approached me for it. I felt insulted. I am a temp and they were here longer than me so thoughts came into my mind like they're taking advantage of their situations and tasks especially 30F since she just gave birth. Manager even had to come in person to inquire about simple filing which never happens. If the task was just assigned to me and they didn't say in the first place that they were gonna help me file I would be fine with it. I'm a small built guy so

Our department meeting is coming up in a day and I'm not sure if I should bring this up. I was thinking I'll just email our Senior Manager and let things go from there (and maybe permanency and a raise in this company LOL wishful thinking I've only been here a couple of months).

TL;DR - Groupwork turned into individual work since co-workers weren't doing their parts. Got assigned to do almost all of it instead by Manager and I thought it was irresponsible of co-workers to not do their parts and I'm not sure how to handle this.



Submitted November 28, 2018 at 08:17AM by MateusMalice https://ift.tt/2AxBBdD
I (24M) got assigned to tasks at work that was initially with a group (25F, 30F). Manager (35F) notices that the other two haven't done it so she assigns me to do their parts because I do it so well and quickly according to her. I (24M) got assigned to tasks at work that was initially with a group (25F, 30F). Manager (35F) notices that the other two haven't done it so she assigns me to do their parts because I do it so well and quickly according to her. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.