Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me [30m] with my GF [30F] wants to marry, but my parents disapproves

I'm not the best writer but here goes.

I've been with my girlfriend for over 3 years and I want to marry her. There are things we have to take care of in our lives first, but we're certainly moving towards that direction. We both have stable jobs/income and money is not a real issue for us. I've met her family multiple times and they seem to like me.

Now here's the problem: my parents don't like her.

Here's what I think the issues are:

  • As far as appearances goes, she's beautiful to me but she doesn't put forth the best effort to get "dolled up" at all. She'll show up to family events without make up or a pretty dress and I don't have a problem with that...but my parents do.

  • She's quite messy, she doesn't do a lot of the cleaning and laundry which irks my parents. They think it's a "women's job" but I don't have a problem with this because she does all the cooking (which I am terrible at).

  • She's not the same ethnicity as me. I won't get into specifics, but we're both two different types of Asian and my parent's have problems with anyone who's not the same type of Asian I am.

My mom especially seems really irritated when she's around her and it's honestly given me a lot of anxiety. I know what the right thing to do is, forget what my parents think and move on with my life; but at the same time, it really hurts me that they can't just accept my decisions and my SO as long as it makes me happy. I'm not sure if I'm seeking advice or just trying to vent, but any input would be helpful.

tl;dr Parents don't like my gf for a variety of superficial reasons. I am feeling very anxious and have a hard time making everyone happy.



Submitted November 29, 2018 at 09:57AM by relationship1017 https://ift.tt/2E4ZE7D
Me [30m] with my GF [30F] wants to marry, but my parents disapproves Me [30m] with my GF [30F] wants to marry, but my parents disapproves Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.