Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Found old messages where my boyfriend (M23) of 3 years calls me(F22) ugly

Sorry about grammar in advance, it's finals week and I'm tired. But, basically my boyfriend and I have been dating for around 3 years. He's good to me and wants to spend time with me 24/7. He pretty much always puts me first and we don't have many issues and get along really well. I was looking for one of our first text messages that involved my name (to screenshot for a gift). He was away but his old phone was next to me so I texted him asking for permission to look for it. He said he didn't care and I could. I searched my name in the search bar and scrolled to the bottom looking for it and saw a preview text from another girl from 4 years ago (with my name in it) that said someone was talking shit about me. I texted him a picture of it and asked if I could open the message because I was curious and wanted a good laugh from the ridiculous drama. He said yes so I opened it.

In the text when my name was mentioned, my boyfriend didn't know me at the time and asked for a picture. She sent an old one from my facebook and he sent the skull emoji (which I'm guessing he was suggesting I was ugly). The next message was from him that said "Them teeth tho (skull emoji). Of course you could assume that I was sort of upset. I know I'm not that ugly, I have guys who are interested, but I'm super insecure about my looks and my smile (which is kind of gummy). My boyfriend always tells me I'm beautiful but I thought he was always full of shit, and this confirmed it.

Of course he walked in as I was teary and asked what was wrong. I showed him and he got upset. He never apologized but said that was "the old him" and he shit on everyone at the time. He said he wanted to forget who he was at that point of his life. He said my teeth are not ugly and then I am beautiful, but of course that was the response I expected. No boyfriend would really go out of their way and say "Oh, right yeah I think you're kind of ugly". He was upset with the fact that I probably will never forget that, which I won't.

Honestly, I'm not that upset about this, but I feel like I should be. I've accepted that I'm not the most beautiful out there. However, I'm afraid that I'm just sticking my head in the sand to avoid any type of conflict. Is this not a big deal or should I be concerned about this?

tl;dr Found old texts from my boyfriend and a girl before he knew me. Girl was gossiping about me and he asked who I was and she sent a picture. He said my teeth were ugly.



Submitted November 28, 2018 at 08:48PM by throwaway11142000 https://ift.tt/2E332Aa
Found old messages where my boyfriend (M23) of 3 years calls me(F22) ugly Found old messages where my boyfriend (M23) of 3 years calls me(F22) ugly Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.