Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

my (26F) boyfriend (28M) spends practically no time with me. Has virtually no interest in anything other than “his life”. I recently moved from my home town, at his request, to be with him as he starts graduate school.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. He was accepted into graduate school, and we moved to the college town in July. Before this, we lived 90 minutes away from each other, though saw each other several times a week. We each had our own separate apartment.

Towards the end of my boyfriends old lease, he had moved into my (old) apartment while we made arrangements to move out to the college town. Things were normal. Things were good. I was happy.

Upon arriving to our new town, I was unemployed for a total of 3 months. This put a tremendous strain on our relationship, and severely depressed me, though we have since recovered.

Now employed (3 months), making a tremendous amount of money whilst working in my nations capital, I have found myself sincerely unhappy. I love my job, almost too much to believe. I genuinely love my coworkers, and the doctors who employ me. I now find that my relationship is a huge stress on me.

My boyfriend would say “Everything’s great!” if you asked him how he thought our relationship is going. He would absolutely believe that. I often open up to him and tell him how I feel, but he is always quick to pull the “It hurts my feelings that you’re saying I’ve hurt your feelings” card.

His primary focus is on grad school, as it rightly should be. Though all he wants to do is talk about grad school. We only EVER talk about grad school. Nothing and no one is more important than school. Nothing else exists to him, except HIS school. He will miss birthdays/holidays/anniversary’s. For example: I had a great review at work, and asked if he would like to have a tiny celebration dinner. He tells me, “Sure! My grad school friends are going out tonight. Want to come out with us?” No, I do not. I want to feel like my life happenings and my successes are important to you, no matter how small. He “plans” date nights, which are realistically just nights he sets aside so I won’t bitch all week. We don’t have sex as much as we used to, because he’s not offering, and I feel completely empty. It feels like I am FORCING him to take interest in me.

I am very happy for his success. I am so completely happy for him. I just feel as if I’ve hit a wall in this relationship. I feel distant and detached emotionally. I feel numb.

Am I overreacting or do you think he is unable to date and attend school simultaneously? I left my hometown, my family, and everyone I love for this relationship. and it’s all sour.

Literally ANY advice would help at this point.

TL;DR My boyfriend and I recently moved away for him to attend graduate school. He is absolutely uninterested in anything that isn’t related to his life/his schooling. He spends no time with me, or anywhere outside of school for that matter. Any interaction we have is “planned”, and it feels like I am forcing him to take interest in me.



Submitted November 29, 2018 at 02:46PM by knvas https://ift.tt/2Q3XoUz
my (26F) boyfriend (28M) spends practically no time with me. Has virtually no interest in anything other than “his life”. I recently moved from my home town, at his request, to be with him as he starts graduate school. my (26F) boyfriend (28M) spends practically no time with me. Has virtually no interest in anything other than “his life”. I recently moved from my home town, at his request, to be with him as he starts graduate school. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.