Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[UPDATE] I [29F] am traveling overseas to meet my online "boyfriend" [38M] in a week. He just said he had to cancel

So many through comments and PMs requested an update from my previous post and so I thought I'd do one!

After my post I FaceTimed him to say my what I wanted to say and end things. He tried to get me to post-pone my trip and even tried to give me money to make me less mad at him. I told him whatever we had was over as I could no longer trust him. He cried which made me feel weird. I wished him and his ex the best and ended the call.

I went on my trip and had a top class time. The Reddit community really astounds me sometimes. I received a lot of PMs of suggestions of things to do and see and the trip to Ireland became a trip of a lifetime. In Dublin I did meet up with a very kind Redditor who showed me around the city and came with me to a bunch of museums during my stay. I saw amazing sights, met a bunch of really cool people through my travels, and met a few really cute Irish boys. (;

I learned a lot about myself on my first solo trip abroad. I am pretty self reliant and I did a lot of self reflection. This "relationship" was my first "serious" one after my ex and I split up. I think in my desire for closeness with someone I ignored a lot of red flags and downplayed my self worth. I am now focusing on making real connections with people I meet in real life and have decided to stay away from anything long distance indefinitely.

My first night in Belfast I did message him after I had had a what was probably too many beers (damn you delicious Irish beers!) and he said he was sorry but it was what it had to be. It didn't really seem sincere and it extinguished any romantic notions I had.

Thank you to everyone who commented and PM'd me. It really made me excited for my trip and it was the best time!

TLDR; Online BF backed out but after some logistical rearranging I still went on my trip and had the best time ever. Glad I cancelled the bf and not the trip.



Submitted November 30, 2018 at 07:17AM by AbandonedTraveler https://ift.tt/2Q3QmiF
[UPDATE] I [29F] am traveling overseas to meet my online "boyfriend" [38M] in a week. He just said he had to cancel [UPDATE] I [29F] am traveling overseas to meet my online "boyfriend" [38M] in a week. He just said he had to cancel Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.