Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (22F) roommate (22?F) constantly argue about how often I cook with onions

I met my roommate on an online university forum. We had little in common other than the fact we were both urgently seeking an affordable living arrangement during the leasing "off-season." She wouldn't have necessarily been my first choice under other circumstances, but she seemed relatively normal so I agreed to move into a small apartment with her under a 2-year lease (slim pickings). We moved in ~2 months ago.

I've had a lot of small issues with her but nothing noteworthy. I don't like her as a person but I'm capable of coexisting with her. The main issue between us stems from my cooking habits. Long story short, I love to cook. I cook with onions and garlic every day. I usually prepare 2 meals for myself a day. I'm biracial, both of my parents are enthusiasts of their native cuisines. Typically, I cook "ethnic", heavily spiced foods. (My roommate is white, if that's worth nothing. I put ethnic in quotations because that's how she describes my cooking). She says she can't stand the smell of my cooking anymore. According to her, if I cooked once or twice a week, that would be fine but I have gone "overboard" by preparing 2 meals a day. She comments on my cooking every. Single. Day. She sends me rants over text every. Single. Day. There's always a new reason it's a problem "I'm having my new friend over" "I have a migraine" "I just cleaned the living room and now it smells" etc. She says she is developing stomach issues because she gags so often.

I want to clarify that I'm a very clean person and I always clean up my messes immediately. She is far messier than I am and I don't complain.

I started using white onions instead of red to decrease the smell, but that's the only change I've made.

Am I being unreasonable? Honestly I am fine with pissing her off, even if it makes our living arrangements more tense, simply because I don't care for her to begin with. However, I don't want to act unreasonable if she's in the right.

Edit:typos

TDLR my roommate hates the smell of my cooking and I'm not sure if I should attempt to compromise with her.



Submitted November 28, 2018 at 04:53PM by peeeky https://ift.tt/2BGYRrn
My (22F) roommate (22?F) constantly argue about how often I cook with onions My (22F) roommate (22?F) constantly argue about how often I cook with onions Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.