Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My dad (47 M) wants me (18 F) to ask for Sunday’s off from work because he wants me to attend church services. My manager won’t because we don’t have many employees. My dad is going to make me quit my job.

Hi! Just a side note: My dad is really religious and gets really angry if I miss service(s); there’s one in the morning and one in the evening. A few months ago, he’s told me that he doesn’t want me to work Sunday’s but I convinced him if I could work at this new job on Sunday’s. He gave in and agreed to let me work Sunday’s.

A month later, he said he’ll allow me to have Sunday’s off but only for 6 more months. After those 6 months, I have to get Sunday’s off.

Of course, I can’t say no. But I brushed it off because at times, he doesn’t stick to his plan and forgets about it.

And since then, I love working there. My boss is patient. No drama with co workers. Good pay for someone my age and I get bonus’ every month (usually $40-$50 but it’s pretty good for me)! I’m saving up for college with the bonus and paycheck, so far I have $1000 (it’s nothing but it’s something).

My boss plans to promote me to shift leader and I love the challenge.

Anyway, 5 1/2 months later, my time is almost up. And my dad reminded me that last week. I know for a fact he won’t give in.

A week ago, 2 people left (idk why, they were kinda lazy anyway and had a few problems) and another person left for maternity leave. We’ve hired new people but training them from scratch is going to take a long while.

I asked my manager about it and she said she really can’t because of all those people that left (it’s sorta a low income store, so they can’t hire too many people). I’ve asked other co workers about it too, and they’ve also asked for Sunday’s off but it never happened (again because it’s a small store).

I’m not sure what to do. My dad said he’ll make me quit my job if I don’t do it. And I’m so angry because he’s holding me back from so many more possibilities; he’s not paying for my college, he’s not paying for my clothes, he makes me pay a few bills. I need this money; he doesn’t provide enough even though he makes 100k+.

I want to save up for college, I want to save up for a car, I want to get into stocks. But I can’t do it without this good paying, actually enjoyable job.

I know he has the power to make me quit; he’ll make me pay more bills or won’t allow me out the house or just make my life miserable (Maybe force me out of school and go to homeschool, send me to California with my really unreliable grandparents, not let me see the boyfriend; this is nothing new, he’s done these before, he won’t hesitate to do it again)

Sure I’m 18, but I’m still in school, and no other reliable relatives live here. I can’t just walk out my house. And I know there’s no way to convince him. There’s also no way to convince my manager either.

Is there really anything I could do? :/

TLDR: I have a good job. Dad told me to take Sunday’s off or he’ll make me quit my job. I can’t convince him to stop or my manager to take off Sunday’s because we’re short staffed. Is there possibly anything I could do?

EDIT: I can’t ask my minister anything because my minister would just agree with my dad completely.

I can’t leave service early because I don’t have my own car, plus uber would be like $20 from church to my house, then from my house to my job.

EDIT 2: I don’t have many friends to go stay with, they all live with their parents and I don’t want to bother them like that. My boyfriend and I have been dating for 9 months, and we’re still under 20, so I don’t think I could crash at his place. He’s talked about it before but I’ll look into it

Anyway thank you all for the advice!



Submitted November 30, 2018 at 12:29AM by killeroftherose https://ift.tt/2DSTtms
My dad (47 M) wants me (18 F) to ask for Sunday’s off from work because he wants me to attend church services. My manager won’t because we don’t have many employees. My dad is going to make me quit my job. My dad (47 M) wants me (18 F) to ask for Sunday’s off from work because he wants me to attend church services. My manager won’t because we don’t have many employees. My dad is going to make me quit my job. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.