Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [23M] aspie sister [14 F] has a fixation with playing with my ears and doesn't get that it's sometimes inappropriate.

My sister what has some fixations with certain textures and repetitive actions like fidgeting with velvet clothing, marbles and playing with ears.

She says she likes touching ears in general but mom and dad don't like it so she can only play with mine and her own, which doesn't "do it" for her. So she plays with mine when we are watching TV or sitting side by side doing whatever else. I don't mind, in fact I find it relaxing, but she does it in some pretty peculiar moments and doesn't seem to get when it's appropriate and when it is not.

She does it when go to the movies, when we are queuing together at the market, when I'm cooking/cutting food, etc. Last week we were in a somewhat fancy dinner with dad's associates from work and she sat beside and started doing it idly while I was talking to someone else. Nobody said anything, but more than one probably noticed.

I later told her she shouldn't do it around other people and she said I liked it, I told her I did but it's inconvenient/inappropriate around other people or when I am doing something that requires my attention. We went back and forth and she got mad at me and basically ended it with "whatever you say".

So in the end I don't know if she got it or not and when I asked if she had understood what I was saying she made a face like "don't bother me".

Like I said, I don't mind but she has to know when she can and when she can't do it. I wouldn't be bothered if she continued to do it at home (I don't live with her), but should I tell her to never do it unless she makes it clear that she knows when it's appropriate and when it's not? Or should I handle it in some other way?

tl;dr: Sister likes certain textures and likes playing with my ears but doesn't understand when it's appropriate and when it's not. How should I handle it?



Submitted October 31, 2018 at 12:00PM by ShotRegion https://ift.tt/2Rn1gfE
My [23M] aspie sister [14 F] has a fixation with playing with my ears and doesn't get that it's sometimes inappropriate. My [23M] aspie sister [14 F] has a fixation with playing with my ears and doesn't get that it's sometimes inappropriate. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.