Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband (32M) won't let me (32F) pick certain baby names he doesn't like, but had his choice with our firstborn

We have been together 4 years. We had our first child "Maddie" 2 years ago. Maddie is named after my husband's favorite actress, who I am neutral towards. It is a somewhat unique name, but not too crazy, so I agreed. I didn't care that it was based off of this actress.

We will be having our second child this coming March and discussing names. I told him I liked the name "Dustin" based on my favorite athlete. He immediately vetoes it and says, "I'm not naming my child after some other man."

I was like, well, I named my child after some other woman? Who cares? My husband says it's not the same.

Now I'm feeling more stubborn and genuinely more certain that Dustin is the name I really like. My husband gets mad and says he doesn't want to discuss it anymore, that name is out, drop it. We can't talk about names or even the baby without arguing these days, because of this. He says every time we call our son, he'll be reminded of Dustin, the athlete. I tell him that I have never in our daughter's life ever pictured the actress Maddie instead of our daughter, don't worry. Still, he says it's not the same.

Am I being way too stubborn and annoying, or is he? Are we both being annoying to each other? Should I just drop it? I feel like I AM probably being the annoying one here, but still, I don't get why he hates it so much. Why is it different for him?

TL,DR: Husband chose his favorite actress's name for our daughter, but won't let me choose my favorite athlete's name for our son. He says it's not the same, and he doesn't want to name his child after some other man. I'm having trouble accepting this. Am I being stubborn or is he being unreasonable? Should I just drop it?



Submitted December 02, 2022 at 07:14PM by Fragrant-Shell6365 https://ift.tt/FDvbasd
Husband (32M) won't let me (32F) pick certain baby names he doesn't like, but had his choice with our firstborn Husband (32M) won't let me (32F) pick certain baby names he doesn't like, but had his choice with our firstborn Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 03, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.