Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How should I deal with my controlling family now that a baby’s about to be involved?

So me (23f) and my husband (26m) are expecting our first baby. I’m super excited and about halfway through the 2nd trimester. However.. I’m not sure how I want to deal with my extreme Catholic family regarding our baby.

Let me set some background. I was raised in a very strict household. My grandma is the puppet master and if she’s upset about something everyone’s upset because they’re all too scared to stand up to her. I was born out of wedlock and therefore the black sheep. Nothing I have ever done was good enough and my two younger sisters, regardless of how “sinful” their lives are, have always been seen as better than me.

Well they’ve known that I’m pregnant pretty much since I’ve known. And my parents and sisters are super excited. My grandma on the other hand.. I can’t tell. Apparently she’s gone behind our back and went to every family member but the parents to be (me and my hubby) about wether the baby is going to be baptized since my husband isn’t Catholic. She’s basically expects my dad to fully control my baby and her life just like she did with him.

He apparently had a full 2 hour conversation over the phone with her saying it’s my child and my decision with how I raise her and he will not be forcing me to do anything. She then decided to tell him that she’s upset that I’m living with my in-laws. Because they are “tainting” me since I don’t go to church anymore. I just have a support team that supports me now and apparently that means they’re “brainwashing” me. So she’s really upset the baby will be around them more often since we live together. My parents and sisters already know how I feel about her, but I feel like she is going to start more stuff when the baby arrives and everyone will take a hundred steps back from all the progress we’ve made with our relationships. How can I prevent this, and how can I keep control of my family I’m starting without damaging the relationships I have?

TL;DR my family has been super controlling my whole life and I’m worried that they’ll try to control my baby’s life too



Submitted November 30, 2022 at 02:36PM by HyperactiveNewt https://ift.tt/aTDtm01
How should I deal with my controlling family now that a baby’s about to be involved? How should I deal with my controlling family now that a baby’s about to be involved? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.