Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

husband starting a new position at work and never told me

My husband is a manager at the factory he works at. He never wanted the position. He went to clock out one day and was informed that he was promoted. He's never been happy in the position, but he's done a great job. The company that owns the factory thinks very highly of him. He's well liked by most employees, but he has struggled with some of his employees and HR.

A few weeks ago an employee got in his face and started screaming at him in front of 100+ people. My husband sent him home and according to a friend that works there he handled it professionally. He didn't yell, just kept repeating that the guy needed to go home. The guy was sent home, but no disciplinary action was taken by HR. My husband was sent home as well. He was told he could move to another position or learn to deal with his employees and shouldn't have sent the guy home, that HR makes that choice, but they weren't there when the incident occurred. In fact the HR lady works from home now so she's never there. That's just 1 example of the things that he's had to deal with.

I learned today that he is starting that new position tomorrow. No deduction in pay or hours, no more managing anyone, and it's something he thinks he might like, but he's very jaded over what happened.

I'm not sure how to feel about this. I'm happy he's out of the position he hated, but i wish he would have told me sooner. Apparently he's known for week, but wasn't sure when he was starting. I asked why he didn't tell me and he said because he didn't know if he was really leaving the manager position. It's his job not mine, but I feel he should have told me that he's getting a new position. To me that's huge. I'm a little worried that they're using this as a way to get rid of him. Maybe I shouldn't feel indifferent about the fact that he didn't tell me, but I can't help but feel idk... left out of the loop. I guess I just don't know how to feel about all of this.

tl/dr: husband is starting a new position at work and never told me



Submitted October 02, 2022 at 09:11PM by mjsmore33 https://ift.tt/RjXQElJ
husband starting a new position at work and never told me husband starting a new position at work and never told me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 03, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.