Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband [45m] took a DNA test...

Turns out he's 50% Iranian 🎶

But seriously though. My husband [45m] of 5 years who I [35f] love dearly just took a 23andme test and found out he's half Iranian. Growing up, he was told he was Irish and Native American. However, his dad [77m] took a 23andme several years ago and was "remarkably white" as my husband remembers it. This leads us to the conclusion that my husband's mother [50sF deceased] was 100% Iranian.

Obviously this is complicated by the fact that his mother is dead. Conclusions we have since jumped to:

  1. Mom is full-blood Iranian, never told him
  2. Husband is adopted
  3. Husband's father had an affair with an Iranian woman
  4. Both my husband's parents are 50% Iranian and his father is lying about his 23andme results, somehow fabricating them.
  5. 23andme made an error.

My husband does have one sister and one half sister, and although they're not on good terms, I've suggested that he reach out to one of them. Basically my question is; what can I do to support my husband during this time? I feel like I've been saying "wow that's crazy" to excess in the past 24 hours.

TL;DR: Husband took a DNA test and found out he's 50% Iranian. Questioning his entire life.



Submitted October 27, 2022 at 03:48AM by theballinist https://ift.tt/yi4zsHv
Husband [45m] took a DNA test... Husband [45m] took a DNA test... Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 27, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.