Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (25f) husband (32m) doesn’t let me rest

I’ve been with my husband for 3 years, recently married. I’m in a demanding healthcare program. I graduate soon, and I would say now is the toughest and most demanding time. I also work, so in between school, my job, cooking, cleaning, studying, I’m stretched thin.

My husband doesn’t understand how much the program takes from me. When we have our hospital clinicals (14 hour days), I am dead tired when I get home. All I have energy for is eating, doing the dishes, and then sleeping.

For example, this week I had two 14 hour days in a row. I also didn’t sleep much because we had two exams this week. My husband has been telling me he wants to spend more time with me. When I got home yesterday, we went on a walk and went out to a restaurant.

When I got home, I told him I was exhausted and headed to bed. He got upset, said “I thought we were going to spend time together and watch tv.” I told him that I was so tired I couldn’t think. He responded “we all have jobs, we’re all tired.”

I was a little upset that he didn’t want me to rest, but I thought maybe he’s been lonely because I’m so busy so I told him we could cuddle and watch tv in bed. He started kissing me, and I was so tired so I kind of pulled back but kept hugging him. He got upset and said “we haven’t been intimate in four days.”

I’ve been on my period and also at the hospital so much, normally we have sex every day sometimes multiple times a day. I think this is the longest stretch we’ve gone. At this point I was really upset with him, and told him to leave me alone so I could go to sleep.

I don’t know what to do. I feel like I’m on the verge of a mental break. This past weekend we went on walks together, went to a couple of dinners, did sports together, and went to a concert. I feel like I’m giving every ounce of myself that I can.

How can I get through to him that I am burnt out, and convey how difficult my program is?

TLDR: I’m in a tough school program, and frequently exhausted. I’m trying as hard as I can to give attention to my husband, how can I help him understand I need rest?



Submitted October 20, 2022 at 05:43PM by idkthisisnythrowaway https://ift.tt/y0LeDVE
My (25f) husband (32m) doesn’t let me rest My (25f) husband (32m) doesn’t let me rest Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 21, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.