Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Old BF (M46) who identified as Bi when we dated (I'm a 47F) is now married to a man; he is mad I introduced myself as his "high school g/f."

I feel terrible about this.

My high school/summer camp boyfriend was always very upfront about his leanings and never ashamed to admit he identified as Bisexual.

We had a great relationship, went to multiple proms together, stayed in touch and occasionally visited each other after we broke up, all thru college and a little beyond

During this time he continued to date both men and women

Eventually we lost touch in our 30s, then rediscovered each other recently on Instagram

He's married now and asked me to write and follow his hubby on IG and friend request him on other platforms

I did, introducing myself as "It's me, so and so's high school g/f, congratulations!"

My old b/f got irritated & said I shouldn't have introduced myself that way, but I had no idea that he hadn't already told him that's who I was.

I feel bad and don't know what to do.

We were gonna catch up on a phone call and had messaged each other about possibly even making plans to visit each other next time I can go to the city or he's down here visiting family, but now I feel awkward and like I shouldn't pursue these things and just stay quiet.

No one's "deleted" or "unfriended" or "unfollowed" anybody, but it just feels weird.

I myself have been in a committed relationship for 15 years with my current partner and would not have cared if he had done something similar. But I realize there are likely different circumstances here.

Advice?

TLDR: Can I fix unintentional blunder of identifying self as former hetero partner of ex bi partner now married to a man?



Submitted August 11, 2022 at 08:11PM by Pleasant_Choice_6130 https://ift.tt/CLG6tHN
Old BF (M46) who identified as Bi when we dated (I'm a 47F) is now married to a man; he is mad I introduced myself as his "high school g/f." Old BF (M46) who identified as Bi when we dated (I'm a 47F) is now married to a man; he is mad I introduced myself as his "high school g/f." Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 12, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.