Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I’m not physically/sexually attracted to my boyfriend

I feel absolutely terrible that I feel this way, and I know it sounds terrible but hear me out.

So I (21F) met this guy (let’s call him Jim) online last September and we instantly fell for each other: he genuinely is an amazing guy. Our relationship is long distance so I had never met Jim in person before I flew out to meet him yesterday. Now of course I knew what Jim looked like: we had facetimed many times prior to actually meeting in person, but he never showed me his body which I didn’t think anything of at the time. Jim had told me several times that he was slightly overweight and claimed to be 5ft 11, but that meant nothing to me because I was in love with him, so what did it matter what he looked like physically. Skip forward to now, after finally meeting in person I now know that Jim is the same height as me (5”6), perhaps even shorter, and a lot more overweight than I was expecting (I am not fat shaming Jim at all, but I know that his weight would definitely not be considered healthy).

So now I feel horrendous and ashamed to admit that I do not find Jim physically attractive or sexually appealing at all. It’s just not what I was expecting, and I know some people will think I’m an idiot. Jim is a great guy with a big heart and I do love him, but I honestly don’t know what to do because I don’t want to hurt him. Should I give it time and see if my feelings change, or should I be honest and tell him how I’m feeling?

TL;DR My boyfriend looks different to what I thought he did and I don’t find him physically attractive

EDIT: Thanks for the advice everyone, I appreciate all of your comments. I forgot to mention I am staying with him until this Saturday when I fly back home, but along with your guys’ advice and what I’ve decided to do, I will be honest and tell him how I’m feeling. I’m usually not very confrontational and this kind of thing is very difficult for me but I don’t want to be an asshole and drag it out: it’s unfair on him and myself.



Submitted August 01, 2022 at 11:46PM by ymAc_ https://ift.tt/XzJYAMB
I’m not physically/sexually attracted to my boyfriend I’m not physically/sexually attracted to my boyfriend Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 02, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.