Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Broke up with bf over Pokémon Go

I (32f) broke up with my bf (32m) over Pokémon Go. It was intrusive in our relationship, everything we did he had to be playing it too. Cuddle on sofa, playing a different video game with me, walking the dog, going to the supermarket even getting into bed the phones came out to do tasks. And yes, phones plural. Three in fact all for the purpose of playing Pokémon Go. It all came to a head when he left me to go play after I told him I’d been feeling down and lonely. We argued, called each other selfish for our wants. I wanted a partner who could be there for me, he wanted to play whenever he had to (raids, events, etc). He told me to deal with my depression on my own that he isn’t my carer and it’s not his responsibility. Right, my feelings aren’t anyone’s responsibility but how can someone who tells you you are to support each other be so cold and hypocritical? I asked what an appropriate emergency for him to stay with me if I needed would be and he said a death in the family or needing hospital. I felt like he only wanted the best parts of me and my worst moments were an inconvenience to him. I guess his hobby was more important so I asked him to move out. I am devastated. I don’t know what kind of advice I want, maybe to feel like I’m not crazy? I’d have dropped my hobby like a stone if I knew he was struggling, how could I enjoy it knowing my love was hurting?

ETA at times he wasn’t able to play he had a device on each wrist that connected to his phones and automatically caught Pokémon nearby. I also had to deal with his anger at the game when he’d lose matches or a Pokémon didn’t catch - yelling and swearing at his phones - that made me and my dog anxious to be around him.

ETA2: he worked out in the evenings too and it would takes hours because he would do battles and raids in between reps.

Tl;dr Pokémon Go got in the way of relationship, last straw was him saying my depression isn’t his problem and getting rare Pokémon is more important.



Submitted August 05, 2022 at 03:08AM by MereruHaell https://ift.tt/RvEZfUB
Broke up with bf over Pokémon Go Broke up with bf over Pokémon Go Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 05, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.