Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Worried my boyfriend (23M) is getting too close to a female coworker(2?F). I’m (21F) thinking of randomly dropping in as a customer to see how they will treat me

For other situations this wouldn’t work and be seen as on-the-nose petty, but thankfully my boyfriend works as a server at a restaurant. His coworker, Clara (fake name) is a hostess.

I didn’t feel suspicious right away; I was just annoyed every time he would bring up Clara when I asked how HIS day at work went. He would tell me about how Clara did this and that, how Clara was feeling, and etc. I personally never asked anything about Clara, so this was all unprompted from him. Initially, I just thought she was a work friend, no different than the other work friends he’s told me about. Then, I noticed the difference was that Clara came up in nearly every work conversation, while his other friends came up much, much less.

A feeling in my gut sank yesterday when my boyfriend was talking about how he hoped Clara would be promoted to a server so that they could work more together. It sounded innocent enough like friends just wanting to hang out more, so I really can’t explain why it affected me. I thought perhaps visiting his workplace while Clara is there would help me put my mind at ease, or further inform me that something’s wrong.

In the past, my boyfriend has not had a problem with me visiting the restaurants he used to work at while it’s his shift. I’ve never visited the restaurant where Clara works at. When I say visit, I mean to be sat down at a table and order food for myself. I’ve never just gone in to talk to my boyfriend on the job.

I want to drop in unannounced (previous visits I’ve always told him when I would come in) in case one or both of them needs time to put on a facade. (Worst case scenario- Clara doesn’t know he has a girlfriend and a heads-up to my boyfriend gives him time to explain to her. If unannounced, maybe I’d get to see how she/they truly act with each other.)

I just want to know if this is a bad idea.

Tl;dr- Budding suspicion that my boyfriend is getting too close or has feelings for a female coworker. Talks about her nearly every time I ask about his work, when I’m asking about his day, not hers; I don’t even ask about her. They work at a restaurant and I’m thinking of dropping in as a customer during his shift to see how he/she treats me. Bad idea?



Submitted September 01, 2021 at 11:10AM by kaylintendo https://ift.tt/3kPRD9x
Worried my boyfriend (23M) is getting too close to a female coworker(2?F). I’m (21F) thinking of randomly dropping in as a customer to see how they will treat me Worried my boyfriend (23M) is getting too close to a female coworker(2?F). I’m (21F) thinking of randomly dropping in as a customer to see how they will treat me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 02, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.