Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My ex boyfriend (26M) broke up with me (26F) over text after I caught him lying- what the fuck?

We were doing a year of long distance (different continents) after completing a year of being together. I gave him my car keys for urgent/daily use (but not long roadtrips) because he is a new driver. I got to know that recently, he had taken my car to an 8 hour road trip to party with his friends and HID it from me. Now there are scratches on the car (another good friend sent me pics). The logic he used for hiding this was that he was afraid I wouldn’t like him doing this lol.

Obviously I got really mad and told him I have zero tolerance for dishonesty, but am willing to give him a second chance just because at least he admitted his guilt. I also suggested he sees a therapist because he is unable to communicate his needs effectively and I didn’t want him to be afraid of me. A week later, he broke up with me over text, and gaslit me by saying that he lied to me because he was afraid of me, so it’s my fault. What the fuck?!

Apparently throughout the relationship he felt like he was walking on eggshells (whereas I had encouraged him to be assertive towards me from the beginning and had even asked how I could improve as a partner repeatedly- to which he would always say this is great, you are great etc). This was his first relationship ever. It was my fourth.

I havent been able to grieve the loss because I’m so confused and shocked by his reaction. I thought he was a nice guy. Any tips on how to process my emotions would be appreciated. Also if anyone else has been through something similar.

Tl;dr: My long distance ex dumped me over text after I caught him misusing my car. Has anyone here been through anything similar? How should I process my emotions of heartbreak+deceit+shock?



Submitted September 05, 2021 at 03:51AM by wishbone49 https://ift.tt/2YksAUA
My ex boyfriend (26M) broke up with me (26F) over text after I caught him lying- what the fuck? My ex boyfriend (26M) broke up with me (26F) over text after I caught him lying- what the fuck? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 05, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.