Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (29M) am worried about upcoming weekend trip with my friends and wife (25F)

My wife had a falling out with one of my best friends just when we met almost five years ago. My best friend was being judgemental and way too harsh on my wife, then girlfriend, and I chose not to talk to my friend for a long time because of that.

She then apologized to me and my wife some months after, and they’re now getting really well along, actually! They have even become friends.

Today we’re going on a weekend trip with my friend, her partner and two other friends from the same friend group + their partners.

That friend group is my biggest and oldest friend group. Everyone knows each other extremely well, and everyone is very extroverted. My wife has anxiety and is more introverted. I hope adding partners in the mix can open up the group-dynamic a bit and make my partner and the other partners feel more included.

I’m worried of this trip because my wife gets insecure when we are around this group, and it’s the first time we are with them for more than a day (we are spending the weekend). She is worried because she hasn’t been feeling very welcomed in the group in the past, especially because of what happened with my best friend, but also just because everyone goes way back and we usually don’t hang out with partners.

What can I do on this weekend trip to make my wife feel more included and see the good things that I also see in my friends? I really, really want this to be a success!

TLDR; I’m worried that my wife with anxiety sits by herself all weekend instead of joining me and my friends, because of insecurity and past conflicts.



Submitted September 02, 2021 at 11:34PM by ftmcph https://ift.tt/3zVxrK5
I (29M) am worried about upcoming weekend trip with my friends and wife (25F) I (29M) am worried about upcoming weekend trip with my friends and wife (25F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 03, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.