Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My mum has cheated on my stepdad and is surprised why I am 'not on her side'

So, about two weeks ago, my mum just decided to tell my stepdad that she's fallen out of love with him, and that she's found her 'soulmate' who she wants to be with. As you've probably already guessed, my stepdad wasn't very happy about that, and has basically told her to leave and stay the night at her 'soulmate's' house (who she’s known for like two months or something??)

Three days have passed. My mum spent three nights at another man's house. Then all of a sudden she decided to come back and make promises like 'oh no I do love you, I want to come back' to my stepdad, and so he gave her another chance.

Since then, a week has passed. Now we've found out that both me and my stepdad have been lied to in the past 7 days on a daily basis. She's told me things like 'I do wanna be with your stepdad, I would never lie to you, and I promise you we're gonna be a happy family soon again'. And so I believed her, which in hindsight, was so bloody naive of me. Even when she's told me that she hasn't slept with this man (even though she's been at his house for three nights...), I still chose to believe that what she was telling me was true. Because I trusted her. Because I just wanted us to be a healthy family again. It's as simple as that. And she's made me believe that things were gonna get better one day, but they never did.

Anyway, as soon as my stepdad let my mum come back, he's made her promise that she would never see this man again, and she did. But then the next day she saw the man again. And the day after that. And for the next 5 days. Which is why for the past week she's been coming home from work 30 minutes late. The man picked her up from work every day, they snuggled in his car right in front of our house, and then she would come home, sit and watch Netflix with us and then get in the same bed with my stepdad. Gosh, simply thinking about this makes me sick to my stomach.

We've had lots of arguments in the past few days. And they would all come back to her saying 'I'm your mum, why can't you just be on my side? Why can't you support me for once?'

But you know what? Thank god I'm not 'on her side' in this case. Thank god I do not condone this kind of behaviour. Thank god that I've got a set of morals I choose to follow, unlike her. Thank god I am aware of how much effect my actions and words can have on those closest to me, and that I have to think everything through before making serious claims like 'I do want this marriage to work, I do love you' and 'me and your stepdad will be fine'. Thank god I'm nothing like her.

TL;DR: My mum has lied to me and my stepdad on a daily basis, after having cheated on him, and is surprised why I don't and will never understand her.



Submitted February 01, 2021 at 03:31AM by Future-Constant3479 https://ift.tt/3j6amMO
My mum has cheated on my stepdad and is surprised why I am 'not on her side' My mum has cheated on my stepdad and is surprised why I am 'not on her side' Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.