Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My fiancé (30M) lied to me (30F) about the first 10 years of his childhood and I feel like I don't know him anymore.

My fiancé and I have been together for 5 years. As far as I was aware, his story has always been he was born and raised in California and moved to the Midwest (where we met) when he was 10. His mother was showing me old pictures this past weekend and showed me the house he grew up in which was NOT IN CALIFORNIA. So I confronted him about it and he said "oh yeah, that's just the story I tell people". So wait...he lied about being born and raised in CA? Yes. Why? Oh just because.

Things that supported his story:

- Parents lived in California for some time (now I found out before he was born) and talk about it

- I was visiting the "city he was born in" and he had me take a picture of "his house" and send it to him

- He always said his skin condition didn't surface until he moved to the Midwest and he misses CA weather because it was great for his skin

- Had a whole elaborate story about moving to the Midwest in the winter and how it was awful because he was used to surfing everyday and walking to the beach

I feel completely blindsided. I feel like I don't know him at all. I'm wondering what else he's keeping from me. Lying about something as major as the first 10 years of your life is kind of earth shattering. He is acting like he doesn't really get it.

Am I making too big of a deal of this? Is this a relationship ending lie? I never even imagined this to be a situation I am in so I don't have any clue how to handle this.

TL;DR: My fiancé (30M) of 5 years lied to me (30F) about where he was born and raised for no reason. What the hell does this mean?



Submitted February 01, 2021 at 04:58PM by anonymousnovember https://ift.tt/2Lgy24U
My fiancé (30M) lied to me (30F) about the first 10 years of his childhood and I feel like I don't know him anymore. My fiancé (30M) lied to me (30F) about the first 10 years of his childhood and I feel like I don't know him anymore. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 02, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.