Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [f/28] new boyfriend [m/37] made sexist comment, I'm not sure how to bring it up?

We've been dating three months. So far he's been nothing but great. Very caring guy, we get along, have similar values, and it's pretty much been smooth sailing. More than that really, it's been so easy, fun, heart full, and just really wonderful how well we get along. He's been nothing but respectful to myself and in difficult situations/people we've run into. We spend 2-3 nights together.

Recently we had a date and we started talking about something. We were talking about revealing clothes as I had a pair of jean shorts I had cut off too short. I joked about them being my at home shorts only - I knew some stores made it like this, but not my style (and I said this). He mentioned that he had seen these shorts on women in real life. I don't remember his exact words because they shocked me, but it was something along the lines of "asking for it". He got really quiet after and seemed embarrassed to have said it, I said something along the lines of "clothing isn't asking for it" (but honestly I'm not even sure I said it loud enough to be heard).

FWIW - his mom is wildly sexist, but they don't have a close relationship.

Any kind of mention of "asking for it" is just so horrible though, it really left me cold. I'd like to bring it up again. I don't get the sense that he's generally this kind of guy but maybe I just missed it?

  1. Can a sexist statement just be a slip up and not a reflection of his beliefs? 2. How do I bring it up?

TL;DR: Boyfriend made pretty sexist statement, seemed really out of the blue, is it possible was this a slip of the tongue, and how do I bring it up?



Submitted February 14, 2021 at 09:44PM by newbfnewballs https://ift.tt/2MYhu2t
My [f/28] new boyfriend [m/37] made sexist comment, I'm not sure how to bring it up? My [f/28] new boyfriend [m/37] made sexist comment, I'm not sure how to bring it up? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 15, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.